Saturday, June 14, 2014

Why I Write

I like to talk, but there are just some things that can be expressed better in the written word. For example, I love dialect which can serve as a great characterization tool. I fell in love the works of Paul Laurence Dunbar in junior high and ever since I have been enthralled with regional dialects.

I have looked at my latest projects and realized that I love to have a life lesson in that which I write. I like shedding light on human inequities. In some of the writing groups in which I participate it has been suggested sometimes by other members that I use unflattering epithets, and I quickly inform that my narrator doesn't talk like that. I like to entertain, but most of all I like to educate and foster understanding of other.

No comments:

Post a Comment