Saturday, June 14, 2014

Julian Carlton--I am not just another George! Taliesin Murders

     Yes! Just finished a complete rewrite of Julian Carlton--I am not just another George! Taliesin Murders. The hundredth anniversary of this event is approaching rapidly and I wanted to have this project redone. I feel that this is a vast improvement. You, the reading public will let me know, I am sure.
     Since my first attempt to write this historical fiction, I made a trip to Taliesin in Spring Green, Wisconsin and into Dodgeville where Julian was taken to jail after the murders. There in Dodgeville I met a docent in the Iowa County Historical Society who got me to thinking quite differently about Julian and this event. I learned some interesting facts about Frank Lloyd Wright during my visit, too. Upon learning those bits of information, I had a different view of Julian. In addition, I moved from the West Coast to Florida. Since I've been here, I've had the great fortune to participate in several writing groups. In those situations, invaluable information regarding writing is shared. With what I've learned, my approach to the novel became different.
     If you are in the Daytona Beach area on Sunday, August 17, 2014, 2:00 P.M., there will be a book release and movie (documentary) of the life of the iconic Frank Lloyd Wright. The event is free to the public. Please come and enjoy the outing.

No comments:

Post a Comment